Mineral Intelligence is committed to meeting the industry standard when safeguarding our customers' personal information.
Mineral Intelligence is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Mineral Intelligence's collection, use and disclosure of personal information, whether we have asked for the information or not, is set out below.
Mineral Intelligence only collects personal information if it is necessary for our business purposes; that is, in order to provide services relating to the acquisition and divestment of mining projects. The information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected.
The personal information you provide to Mineral Intelligence will enhance the products and services that we offer you. The type of personal information we collect may include your name, address, employer, telephone numbers, email addresses, information on how you use our products and services and information on your browsing activity when visiting our websites, and personal preferences. This information permits us to develop products and services to suit your needs. Mineral Intelligence recommends that you update your personal information if your details change so that our records are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Mineral Intelligence may store some of the information on our database. This information may be available internally for use in accordance with this policy.
The personal information you provide Mineral Intelligence may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- processing your applications
- providing you with products and/or services requested
- billing you or administering your account
- dealing with requests, enquiries or complaints and other customer care related activities
- registering your details, discounts or other benefits and fulfilling any requests or requirements you may have
- carrying out any activity in connection with legal, governmental or regulatory obligations or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution.
We may also use your personal information for purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you. For example, we may use your personal information to keep you informed about features of our services or conducting analysis in order to provide a better service to you.
We will not use your information for purposes other than described above unless we have your consent or there are specified law enforcement or public health and safety reasons. In some cases we may specifically request a consent form to be signed. In other cases, consent may be implied (for instance, where an individual gives us information after being fully advised of how it will be used).
We do not sell or trade personal information, or allow third parties to use that personal information for their own purposes. If information needs to be accessed by a third party, we attempt to limit that access to the extent necessary for the third party to provide services to us or to perform its functions. We will ensure that those suppliers and contractors are also bound by duties of confidentiality and by the same privacy obligations as Mineral Intelligence itself. In all other cases, we will only disclose personal information to a third party if the disclosure is permitted by law (including under the Australian Privacy Principles).
Upon your request, Mineral Intelligence will provide access to personal information we hold about you, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests
A cookie is a small text file, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to the user's web browser from a website's computer and is stored on the user's computer's hard drive. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to a user's computer.
- improve the operation and performance of the MI site and to make it easier and more convenient to use. For example, cookies help Mineral Intelligence provide more personalised services by recalling user preferences on subsequent visits. Cookies also allow us to save passwords and preferences for a user so that the user will not have to re-enter them on the next visit to the site
- measure aggregate user traffic and demographic statistics related to Mineral Intelligence and advertisements (e.g. number of users, average time spent, and similar statistics). This information may be reported, in aggregate form only, to Mineral Intelligence's current and prospective sponsor and business partners.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. While MI does not require a user to accept cookies, features may not function properly if a user sets his/her browser not to accept cookies.
This policy does not form a contract between an individual and Mineral Intelligence. The policy may also be subject to change. Whenever you need to refer to this policy you should contact us, or check our website, for the most current version.